Monday, 11 March 2013

LetterMo roundup



I already posted about LetterMo here, talking about some of the pen pal initiatives I tried out during February. Now that the project is over, I thought it would be interesting to look back and do a roundup of my Month of Letters.
I managed to write every single day sending out 28 pieces of mail in total. I enjoyed the project a lot and it definitely made my day when I received another letter in the mail! It was also fun to dedicate a certain time of the day to writing and crafting and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many fellow mail enthusiasts. I'm still  receiving a lot of international mail which I'm busy answering, but to be honest, I'm also excited to dedicate more time to other activities again.
Here are the stats for my Month of Letters:

TYPES OF PEOPLE WRITTEN TO
  • Family: 4
  • Friends: 4
  • Strangers: 20
 TYPES OF MAIL SENT
  • Cards: 3
  • Letters: 11
  • Parcels: 1
  • Postcards: 13
TO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES
  • Czech Republic: 1
  • Chile: 1
  • Finland: 1
  • Germany: 5
  • Italy: 1
  • Malta: 1
  • Netherlands: 1
  • Russia: 3
  • Taiwan: 1
  • UK: 2
  • USA: 11
TOTAL COST: £ 29.42


Please tell me about your experience with LetterMo if you took part! Did you enjoy it? How many pieces of mail did you send and receive? Are you planning to take part again next year?

2 comments:

  1. What a fascinating initiative. Unfortunately I'm a poor letter writer but my sister is a wonderful letter writer (and it's a treat to receive one from her) so I'll have to know about this. Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats on writing every day for a whole month! That's awesome. I love writing letters, but unfortunately February is always a busy month for me, so I'm not sure I could participate in LetterMo...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
(Comments are moderated & will not appear until after approval).