Monday, 6 August 2012

A rather British afternoon

What did you get up to this weekend? It was nice and sunny here for a change, so my colleagues and I took the opportunity to do something very British and spend Saturday afternoon in the garden with lemonade and a few games of croquet.
We all started jobs here at the same time and all come from different countries (Ireland, England, America and Germany). It's been brilliant discovering the local area, hanging out and working together, trying to give our students a fabulous study abroad experience. This cool bunch are the main reason why I feel so happy and at home here.
Croquet was lots of fun (or as my Irish colleague Caroline would put it "Great craik")! Have you ever tried it? I can't wait to play it again.

4 comments:

  1. It does look like a classic British day, with croquet and castles. :) Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are magical! love the location!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I still pinch myself from time to time, as it's hard to believe I actually live in this magic house!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
(Comments are moderated & will not appear until after approval).