Thursday, 28 June 2012

Paris - I never knew you at all

My little trip to Paris was merveilleux! It had been 10 years since my last visit, so I didn't remember much about the city. It was quite an eye opener, especially regarding the rustiness of my French!
The weather was a bit mixed and I spent a lot of time exploring the various museums. I saw a fantastic Gerhard Richter exhibition at the Centre Pompidou, but my favourite museum was probably the Musee Marmatton Monet, which is housed in a small villa in the Ranelagh Garden and exhibits impressionist paintings.
My favourite part of the holiday was just walking the streets, marvelling at the many shop windows of boulangeries, creperies and of course the famous patisseries selling small tartes and macarons.
I also spent quite a bit of time sitting in cafes, watching fashionable Parisians stroll past. Has anyone else ever noticed that there is a certain 'dress code' that most Parisian women adhere to? I realised this at the beginning of my explorations - as long as you wear the following colours: black, dark blue and grey - you will fit in. I tried the colour combination on day three of my visit and was stopped twice and asked for directions in French, ha! I felt like I was let in on a big secret!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, this is lovely. Great photos too! I usually go to Paris for my birthday, and I cannot get enough of it! Glad you had such an awesome time.
    Danielle x
    daniellecurio.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures.

    xx.

    http://leawiest.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
(Comments are moderated & will not appear until after approval).