Friday, 25 May 2012

New home

So this is it, my new home:
No. Really. I live here.
You probably won't believe me and to say the truth, I don't blame you, as I can hardly believe it myself!
Harlaxton Manor as it is called, is an American school located in the heart of rural England. I started a job in the student welfare department on Monday and get to live in the manor as part of the job (no, it's not a castle - although that's what I like to tell people). 
As you can imagine, I keep pinching myself, but every time I turn around the house is still there and I'm in it!

2 comments:

  1. Anke, Wow! It's like living in Downton Abbey. What an incredible opportunity/adventure! I'm sure you'll have great stories to share. I can just imagine the interior and the grounds must be spectacular. Post photos of them, of you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jeudi! I'll be posting more about the house soon, but in the meantime you can find more photos from a recent crocket session here: http://anchorandsing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/a-rather-british-afternoon.html

      and some snapshots of the interior here: http://anchorandsing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/settling-in.html

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
(Comments are moderated & will not appear until after approval).